The Dulles South Food Pantry relies on volunteers to operate. In order to volunteer, you must first attend a 45-minute orientation and training session where you will learn about the Pantry and our operations.
***Volunteer trainings for DSFP will be held virtually via Zoom*** Check the SignUpGenius link for openings and new dates.
Choose a session at SignUpGenius.
Orientation and training will be held at the Outreach Center (first building on the right as you enter the Arcola Church property) 24757 Arcola Mills Dr, Dulles, VA. Please park in the paved lot.b
Volunteer Jobs Include:
– Pick up donated food from stores, farms, or drop-off boxes
– Organize food drives
– Grow food in your home garden
– Start a Feed the Need or Fight Hunger club at your school
– Organize a Meal Kit event at your office
– Find new sources of food
– Identify grant opportunities
– Seek business sponsors
– Organize the DSFP’s charity golf tournament
– Organize other fundraisers
– Weed the property around the DSFP
– Data entry, filing, and administration work
– Receive food donations and stock the shelves
– Pack bags of food for Pantry guests or pack weekend food bags for food insecure students participating in the “Backpack Buddies” program
– Distribute food when the Pantry is open
IN THE COMMUNITY
– Pass out our business cards to those who might need assistance
– Volunteer at community events supporting the Pantry
– Transport bags of food from the “Backpack Buddies” program to students at local schools